Monday, September 2, 2013

I’m back



Not doing so well, but still alive
Carmine is not doing so well either but he is about to get worse

Probably should wait on writing this but I can’t. My rage; my hate will not allow me to. I need to purge some of this or it will consume me… I have a lot to tell so I’ll post it in parts as I get it written.

We had found another of the targets; another bit of Carmine’s mess to be cleaned up.

As had become the custom, I went with Carmine to ensure that the job was done right. The man was apparently hiding out with a friend. It should have been simple- kill them and get out. Unfortunately, Carmine had plans of his own.

We were in the guest room. Carmine had just snapped the target’s neck. I was standing close to the door, keeping an ear for any noise that would indicate the target’s friend was awake, while keeping an eye on Carmine. This job complete, he moved towards me like he would pass by and head through the door but at the last minute he tried to strike me. I had anticipated that he might try something stupid, so I was ready for him.  I knocked his arm aside and slashed at him with my knife. He tried to dodge, resulting in a cut on his face.

“Bitch!”  he snarled as he continued his attack. He was able to slip past my defenses and land several swift punches before I was able to counter it and strike back. I was about to cut him again when I heard a loud pop and my leg burned and buckled.

A quick glance let me see the panicked face of the man who shot me- the target’s friend, still fumbling with his hand gun and about to fire on us again

Carmine seized the opportunity to grab me and teleport us out of there. He drove his knee into my gut before allowing me to fall to the concrete floor of the dimly lit basement we were now in. A series of kicks took my breath and the knife.  He then straddled me, pinning one of my arms under his knee. He produced a syringe from his pocket and removed the cover. Despite my struggling, he pinned my other arm and stuck it with the needle. Casting the needle aside, he grabbed my mask and pulled it off. I struggled to free my arms but whatever he had injected me with was taking effect. My remaining strength slipped away and everything went black.

No comments:

Post a Comment