Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Identity Interlude

I love horror films, especially Italian horror. Dario Argento’s movies from the 70s-80s are among my favorites for being so beautifully brutal. Suspiria is a gorgeous film. His movies also usually have an awesome soundtrack.


It’s not just Italian horror that I like though. I love Nightmare on Elm Street, The Howling, Nosferatu, Paranormal Activity 1 and 2, Imprint, Perfect Blue, The Cabinet of Doctor Caligari and practically anything involving Vincent Price, to name a few

Knit Wolf, these things may seem meaningless to everyone else, but they are important to you. Remember and hold on to them

2 comments:

  1. KnitWolf- I'm glad to see that you also appreciate good film. Dario is great. He shows us that things that are beautiful aren't always pretty.. If that makes sense. If you take the time to actually look at say.. Arterial spray on a white bedsheet, or the way a drop of blood rolls down a pane of glass, there's beauty in all things. "The first time I saw a body bend that way I realized it were more beautiful dead than alive. With bloody flesh removed, ribcage ripped away, I saw why they say beauty comes from the inside". But I digress. Hold dear all things that are important to you doll. Because I can assure you that no one else in this worthless race will. Until Next Time. Me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of my knitted work is based on taking things that most would not consider very pretty, finding the beauty in them, and bringing it out for all to see as stuffed toys. This is how I have managed to make Slendy look so disarmingly cute and cuddly. Thus, the idea of the beautiful not always being pretty makes perfect sense to me.

    Again, I am flattered that you are taking the time to read this and that you came back to check on me

    ReplyDelete