Thursday, August 27, 2020

Fell isn’t doing so good

I’m not sure she really knows where she is half the time. She zones out every now and then and gets this confused look on her face, like she’s lost. She flinches every now and then too. I’ve asked her about it, but she keeps saying that it’s nothing, which is bullshit because I KNOW she doesn’t flinch over “nothing”.

I may not know exactly what she’s going through in there, but it’s getting worse.

At one point, Wolf went into their room to check on her. A second later, I heard Fell scream. Wolf came bursting out of the room; telling me to watch her, before heading outside. Fell sounded terrified; like she had never seen Wolf before. It took me a while to get her to calm down and come back to reality, but eventually she did. Once I was sure she was okay, I left to find Wolf.

I didn’t have far to look. She was leaning against one of the cabins.

“I told you to watch her.” Her voice was quiet and broken.

“I did. She’s fine. Now I’m worried about you”

She took in a long breath “She didn’t know me, Hart. It is getting worse fast… I couldn’t protect her and I can’t help her now.”  She sighed and wiped at her eyes. “Maybe I was wrong… Maybe… Maybe you should take Scratch’s offer if it still sta-”

“Fuck no!” I cut her off “Are you shitting me? Do you hear yourself? What, you think we’ll be any safer as proxies?” she looked surprised at my interruption but didn’t stop me “Being a proxy didn’t protect you from Carmine or us from Osprey. Star looked for us, sure, but he would have stopped if he was ordered to. The organization clearly wasn’t concerned.” I continued “If we go back, assuming the tall guy doesn’t murder us immediately, we could end up mindfucked like Star and used against you. I’d rather be dead than to be stuck like that. Besides, there’s no guarantee that he could help Fell, let alone if he actually would. We’re in this together, Wolf, so snap out of it because Fell still needs you and so do I.”  

Wolf looked away for a little while, but eventually turned back to me. “You’re right. You’re right…” She said, finally. “I’m sorry.”

I offered her a hug and she took it. “You’re still helping her fight this by being here.” I said, quietly “That’s how it looks to me, anyway”   

After a couple of minutes, we went back inside and found Fell waiting for us. Thankfully, she recognized Wolf this time and started apologizing. Wolf hugged her and told her that it wasn’t her fault.

I know Fell is strong. She has to keep fighting. She has to make it through this.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, already at the "unrecognisable faces" part? Damn, how much of our self did I pump into her? Looks like it's working it's way through her rather quickly, heh heh.

    Better hurry up and figure something out Wolfie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fuck you
      Go back to bullshitting your stupid fucking boyfriend

      Delete
  2. OH COME ON, think with your brain Deer Boy. Your logic doesn't hold up. Who, exactly, is gonna order ME to do, or not do, ANYTHING? Father. Just Father. I have no handler, I have no Highers. Just a God and his Angel. So if I want to do something NICE, I will do something NICE. Heheheh.

    Now the real question is whether I COULD do something about this. I have some theories, you probably do too. I would need to take a closer look to be sure, but let me tell you this now... I doubt this shit can be treated like a Cold. You can't wait it out.

    Her immune system isn't going to kill it.

    Sure, her will might keep this effect at bay. You said it yourself, she is "strong." But that shit is only defensive. Even the strongest wills eventually break, under constant pressure. Trust me, I know. So does Wolf, I imagine.

    You NEED to do something about this, before it is too late. You have resources, pups. Use them. Find a Doctor. Find an Occultist. Hell, find a Runner with a science background. Find SOMEONE. DO SOMETHING. Prey Waits, and I was under the impression everyone up there was a predator.

    And of course, as a Doctor AND Occultist, I am always here to lend a hand. FAMILY looks after FAMILY. All you have to do is say "Please." And I recommend doing it before she completely forgets who her family actually is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, it's pretty clear that the tall guy isn't the only one who controls you.

      Thanks for the advice, though.

      Delete