Friday, October 5, 2018

Ritter


had given me a mission: kill the object of Father Brien’s worship before it could fully manifest itself here in our world; our plane of existence. Knew going in that it was suicide, but I also knew the cost of refusing. That thing had the power to burn Azoth like kindling and its birth would have meant the death of Ritter and his servants; my family included. Thus ended, my story.

Had intended it to stay that way. As far as I was concerned, I had my time. I did my job to the best of my ability and I had taken care of those closest to me. It was time for the pack to carry on without me; to grow and develop beyond me. Whelp was supposed to have that opportunity too. She was young, and I had wondered what she would choose to become without the sheep stunting her growth.

It disappoints me to know that my little experiment was brought to an end for the sake of an overreaching proxy’s lust for power. It enrages me that he mutilated my family.

Oh Osprey, you are going to suffer within me for as long as I live.

Back to the point, after I was forced back into this world, Ritter arrived to take me right back out. From the moment of my rebirth to the moment I am typing these words, I felt a molten flow of energy within my core. Acting on animal instincts- much in the way one can move a limb without knowing anything about muscles, tendons, or the nervous system- I directed the flow towards Ritter, burning his tendrils away before they could connect.

Ritter made his displeasure known, not through his song, but through a primal utterance. This alien noise carried a message within. He wanted me to yield to him, so that he might remove this threat- this mistake- by returning me to death’s embrace. I meant to refuse in English, but… something else came out… A noise both foreign and familiar

We stood there for a few moments, analyzing each other, until he made his exit

He has not returned since

When I went willingly to my death, I did so to protect my family, but also to protect him. I was and still am grateful to him for his part in my revenge and for the life he gave me after… However, I would not lay down and allow myself to be killed while Hart was left seriously injured and vulnerable, and when Fell had just accepted my offer to be together again.

For the purposes of clarity, I should mention that, while Ritter sees me as a threat, I have no intention of harming him unless he forces me to do so in defense. Aside from my gratitude towards him, I have always seen a monstrous beauty in him and his actions. I would rather not deprive the world of it.

This is a new chapter for all of us. Our leashes have been shed and my previous life’s goals have been reinstated. I will continue to protect my family while savoring the experiences this new life will bring with my brother, Hart and my love, Fell, by my side 

6 comments:

  1. And this is why I respect ya Knitty, yes you served, but I could tell, you were different, the passion in your work, it radiated a certain determination, a goal beyond servitude.

    A goal you were willing to die for, question is, are you willing to die for it again? I mean, there are so many loonies running around out there these days, who could tell what type of move one of them makes next, someone could just appear out of nowhere and bash someone with a led pipe or something, am I right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I understand your motivation for tracking down my family, the injuries you dealt and the insult you delivered will not go unanswered.

      Oh yes, Calavera, I am willing to die for it. I am also willing to live for it. And I will live; long enough to kill you, my enemy and friend

      Delete
    2. You two killing each other would certainly make my life easier... Though. Give what you've said in this post... I can't say I give Kelly good odds in this fight. Pity. Heh.

      Delete
    3. @Knitty: Oh I didn't expect it to, honestly speaking I kind of regretted mis-trusting you the way I did, but then I immediately got over it, realizing that it'd give you far more of a motivation to try and come at me, as opposed to before, when it was just "I wonder what would happen". So I can ABSOLUTELY not wait!

      @Starman: I guess its your turn to sit and the back and enjoy a nice spat between me and Knitty, difference is Starman, I'm not at all angry at Knitty threatening me, or betraying something, this is as much fun for me as it is for her.

      As for the odds, I never consider the odds, I have a tendency to prove people wrong, but hey, maybe that overconfidence is my ultimately undoing, we shall see.

      Delete
  2. Good luck out there. I can’t express how nice it is to have you back and better than ever. I don’t have any gifts but I will sharpen my combat knife in your honour. Cheers.

    Also, hey, a fellow Tool fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darkleaf, I appreciate it.

      Tool's music is unique and beautiful. Glad you enjoy it as well

      Delete