Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Another Voice

We started hearing it a couple of days ago. The voice of the thing we’re looking for. Wolf says it’s nothing to worry about. She says to think of it like frog legs twitching when you put salt on them. They aren’t alive but the chemical reaction makes them “dance”. By getting closer to it, we’re acting as the salt, and what we’re hearing is the reaction.    

I really hope she’s right. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me thanks to the sensory deprivation, or maybe it’s just the fucked up way that sound works here, but it seems like it’s moving. Sometimes it’s further away, sometimes closer. A lot closer.

The voice is hard to describe. It’s kind of like a choking cry that I can feel in my chest. I’ve been looking for something to compare it to, and this is the closest thing I’ve found.

It’s mixed with this disgusting wet noise, and it sounds hostile and intelligent in a way I can’t explain…. I should probably stop thinking about it.

Come on Hart don’t freak yourself out. You’ve dealt with plenty of fucked up shit before. The thing is dead. Wolf killed it herself.      

We’re going to get there and she’s going to fix this place. I just need to trust her and hold on a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment