Thursday, January 26, 2023

In Training

I’ve been busy since my last post, trying to learn how to use my new abilities. Summoning things into existence somehow came naturally to me. I even managed to create a doorway back to the human world on my first attempt but learning to open my seams and extend my limbs was more of a challenge.

“Are you afraid it’s going to hurt?” Wolf asked, after another failed attempt at extending my arm.

“Maybe?” I responded. I’ve taken plenty of pain over the years but that doesn’t mean that I like it, and it’s different when it’s self-inflicted. “I just keep thinking about how it felt when my finger was cut off.”

“That’s the problem, you’re thinking about it too much,” she said. “You aren’t cutting anything off, you are simply moving a limb within its new natural limitations. At most it will ache in the same sense that exercising when you’re out of shape does.”  

“I’ll try again…” I muttered.

“Before you do, can I see your phone for a second?” she asked

“Why?”

“I just want to try something”

“Okay..?” I handed it over

“Thank you” she said, before throwing it.

“HEY!” I yelled, as I reached for it. The phone didn’t hit the ground.

I fell to my knees in shock, staring at my arm. It had come away from my body and was separated in segments, supported by thick clumps of “threads”.     

“Good catch” Wolf said. “Are you alright?”

“Y-yeah” I stammered. My arm ached, but it was nothing like what I was expecting “I think so.”

“I’m sorry,” she said, “but I figured that making you act on instinct would be the best way to get around your fear.”

“You bitch!” I said with a laugh, getting over the shock.

“Yeah, but I was right, wasn’t I?” she said with a laugh of her own. “Now let’s see you make your other arm match that one.”

I did as she asked. This time, my arm came away without a problem, stretching out just as the other had. Without her prompting, I tried to do the same with my legs, extending them enough to let me balance comfortably on all fours. Leaving my phone on the ground, I took my first steps in this state. I was shaky at first, but soon enough I was walking, then running- moving faster than I ever had before. Suddenly Wolf was by my side, running with me. I laughed as we raced around the island.

The first time using my stomach mouth and tendrils was a bit easier. Wolf told me to fast for a day so that I’d be good and hungry. After I did that, she cooked a steak and set it on the table in front of me. I could feel the teeth moving under my skin as my stomach growled. I let the seam go and felt my maw open up. God that was weird. The sensation only got weirder as I focused on sending a tendril out of it to pierce the meat before dragging it in. Imagine the feeling of chewing and tasting but in a completely different part of your body than it should be. I don’t know if I’m ever going to be able to get used to that.

I’ve also been learning how to fight using my new body- forming claws, sending out tendrils, extending my limbs to move faster and give my punches and kicks more power, etc. I need to be comfortable with my abilities, and Wolf is making sure that I get plenty of practice.

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like you’re both having a fucking great time together. I’m glad things are going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I detecting some… jealousy, dear?

      Delete
    2. Woah, what? Nothing is going on between me and Wolf, if that’s what you’re thinking.

      Delete
    3. No! I don’t give a fuck. Do whatever you want. Go hold hands while standing on opposite ends of a fucking bridge for all I care.

      Delete
    4. This is interesting

      Delete
    5. Oh, well I'm so fucking glad you're entertained

      Delete