Monday, January 24, 2022

I told her not to go

I knew she was devastated, though she was trying her best not to show it. I knew she wasn’t thinking clearly, and I told her so, but she went anyway. Up to this point, she had at least been careful about her hunting, making it quick so she wasn’t leaving me or the threshold alone for too long. This time, however, the night passed by while I stayed up, anxiously waiting for her to come back.

When she finally came home, I felt a surge of relief, but that was quickly replaced by a pit in my stomach. Her eyes were glazed over, and she was caked in blood. At first, I was worried she was hurt because there was so much of it. As she got closer, however, I realized that none of it was hers. It only got worse when my eyes shifted down to her second mouth. Caught between the teeth, was a tiny finger.

“Wolf… What did you do?” I asked.

“Hart, please..” she started

“No. What did you do?” I demanded

“I… lost control… I’m sorry”

I’ve been in my room since she told me what happened. She had travelled to a tiny rural community a couple of hours away and let herself into a house, intending to kill the people inside and return home. Unfortunately, they weren’t enough of an “outlet” for her, so she went to another house, and another, and another, killing and eating her emotions away until there was no one left. 

I’m still in shock. That was such a fucking stupid thing to do, especially now, when we already have so many enemies. I know she’s hurting but she’s not the only one. She ignored me yet again and then kept me waiting and worried sick while she risked both our lives taking her pain out on children! Jesus Christ that makes it so much worse.

She’s been trying to apologize through the door, but I’m not opening it for her yet. At least she still cares enough to do that, but I’m going to need some time before I can forgive her for this. After what she did though, I don’t know how much time we have left.

13 comments:

  1. Oh shit... Fuck... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. I'm sorry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't apologize because it's not your fault. This shit is on Wolf.

      Delete
    2. This feels like a stupid fucking question, but are you going to be okay?

      Delete
    3. I don't know. I don't have much choice but to deal with it, I guess.

      Delete
    4. You could fucking leave. We could meet up somewhere.

      Delete
    5. I can't. I don't want to know what she'd do if I left.

      Delete
    6. Well you just said that what she does is her fucking responsibility. Besides, I miss you.

      Delete
  2. To be completely honest, I've always imagined that Wolf walks around covered in varying amounts of blood, so I'm surprised you were able to tell that something had happened in the first place, but I guess when you know someone well enough...

    I have to wonder though, Hart, was something like this really that shocking? Because if it was, I find myself surprised at your surprise. Wolf has always been this way, even back before she knew any of you.

    She's always been a monster hiding under human skin. It's probably why the Boss was so interested in her in the first place, because he could see that. I think you and Fell, though her situation is slightly different, could too. You just didn't realize the extent. You didn't realize how deep it ran. I'm not sure even the Boss did.

    But now you're starting to understand. Clearly Fell already does or is starting to as well. The real question is what you do now.

    My advice? Get out while you can.

    ~Rabbit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know what you're talking about. I've lived and hunted with her for years and this shit isn't like her. For all that time, she had been very careful. For the most part she avoided hurting kids. The only exception was Whelp and the ones in Father Brien's cult, and in that case, it was either them or us. That's why I'm so fucking shocked. That's why I can't leave.

      Delete
    2. So a monster with restraint then. Restraint that is wearing thin. Restraint that was ever only going to last so long.

      How long I wonder, until she loses control again. Will her hunger be aimed at you next time?

      I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

      ~Rabbit

      Delete
  3. Dude, I hate to agree with the weirdo up there, who's threats all come off as sounding rapey. But to some extent he's right, I mean for fuck's sake how much more atrocious shit will it take for you to see that?

    Clearly it wasn't enough that she tortured and abused the shit out of Fell to the point that she ended up developing fucking Stockholm Syndrome. And before you make the excuse, I know that you weren't there for that, you came in later, but you knew of what had happened and you still continued to indulge this goofy family dynamic.

    It wasn't enough when Laura, a defenseless and scared child who was already being preyed upon by a bunch of cultists, was then preyed upon by you lot and for what? Because she was naive enough to believe in some kind of safety in this fucked up shit we find ourselves in? She wasn't a threat and as far as I can tell, was herself not in any threatening situation, up until Wolf broke in and did the same thing Kelevra did to Fell and for what? All because she had the gall to shit-talk the almighty Wolf in the comments and call her out for the said overlooked abuse?

    Now we've got outright, senseless child murder! How much else needs to happen until you figure out that your would-be family playhouse isn't coming back anymore, that shit's gone and it is mainly due to Wolf's actions.

    For fuck's sake man, does she need to devour a child right in front of you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What the fuck do you want from me?
      If I stay, there is at least a chance that she won't do this again. If I leave, all bets are off.

      Besides, who are you to talk about indulging fucked up family dynamics? Alesa cared for you and died for it and then you killed a mother in front of her kid to avenge her. Go fuck yourself.

      Delete